How to Reset Your Mailbox Password on Nortel Phones
8 min read
Step by Step Guide
1. Go to one of the bigger phones in your office, for example “Nortel T7316E”, or “Nortel T7324”
2. Press “Feature” -> Enter 983, the screen should show “LOG”, then enter your password then press OK. In our case, The password is 1020000. This is the default password for this type of system.
3. Press “MBOX” -> press “CHANGE”, then enter the mailbox number that you want to reset. In our case, the mailbox number is 223. Press the “Reset” option button once.
4. The system will flash briefly. Press the “release” button or hang up the phone to finish editing.
5. You can now go to your mailbox. If there is a mailbox button on your phone, press it. If not, press the “Feature” button-> enter 981.
6. The system will ask you to enter the new password. Enter the new password now then press “#”.
7. Accept the change by pressing the “Yes” option button.
8. The system will then ask you to record a name to initialize the mailbox. Pick up your handset and record the name you would like to associate with the mailbox.
If you need help reseting your mailbox password, fill the form above.